Mautilus was part of the annual conference of CAEC 2015
A year has passed by and we were again an active part of the annual conference of CAEC (Czech Association of Electronic Communications). This conference was held on April 28, 2015 in the Prague International Hotel Prague in Dejvice.
We met many important people and potential clients. It is worth to mention Mr. Malcolm Harbour CBE – Member of the Governing Council of Birmingham University, policy director of the Digital Alliance (UK) and former MEP. We discussed about the OTT (Over-the-top) technology, about development of mobile and Smart TV applications and HbbTV. His interest in these technologies is enormous, which reassured us about a huge potential in this area.
There were many interesting panel discussions. We were keen to listen about business perspectives in providing television services, audiovisual content, and retransmission in the country. The specific topics discussed included:
- Current development of paid TV
- Where are the opportunities? What are the threats?
- New business and operational models
- Commercial broadcasting
Participants in the discussion:
- Petr Horák – Director of New Projects, CET 21 spol. s.r.o., TV NOVA
- David E. Duroň – Marketing Director for Fixed Services segment, O2 Czech Republic
- Erika Luzsicza – Founder & CEO, AXOCOM Media Business Servicing
- Filip Ševčík – Senior Manager Competence Centre viaHome, T-Mobile Czech Republic
- Luke Hnilička – Technical Director TV Óčko
- Petr Kacafírek – Product Manager, UPC Czech Republic
If you were unable to attend the conference, we are looking forward to see you next year or contact us personally at email@example.com.